Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Houston, We No Longer Have a Problem

My days in Houston are nearing its end and I couldn't be happier! Don't get me wrong, leaving my Houston friends that has become family is a very bittersweet emotion. I have made my peace with this BBQ loving, "the bigger the better truck" driving, strip mall obsessed city. But not long ago, I resented Houston because it was a constant reminder of how far I was from home. Not necessarily in distance but in culture. The Houston way wasn't my way of living. But, the moment I decided to love Houston for who she was and stopped hating her for who she wasn't, the fire ceased, peace was declared, and we became good friends.

How was your weekend? I attend several going away lunches, dinners, and house parties and a beautiful wedding. Here's a peek...


Dress: Taylor by Ann Taylor (TJ Maxx)
Earrings: vintage screwback earrings (Ebay)


If you know me, you know I LOVE cake...

Flowers and all things wedding related. What girl doesn't?!

Me with the Father of the groom, my mentor and friend



This was a new wedding reception experience for me and I loved it!



Congrats you guys!!


0 Share Your Thoughts:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...