Sunday, August 8, 2010

Old and Gruene

Hey guys... I know it's been a while since I posted but I have been suffering from a severe case of "I don't feel like doing jack". Although I'm still under it's influence, I wanted to drop in to keep you updated (in the event that you actually care :)

In my last post, I mentioned that I'm obsessed with vintage screw-back earrings (among many other random things)... Well add to that everything else old. I have noticed that I have an heighten affection and appreciation for not only older people but places and things. I just love how it makes me feel. (This may be explained by the darling and absolutely wonderful yet slightly "seasoned" parents I was blessed with and the feeling they give/gave me.) Whatever the case may be, New Braunfels/ Gruene, TX gave me that feeling... The feeling hugged me tightly as my grandmother would... Asking, "Where have you been honey child? I have been waiting for you to visit!"

It seems to me that old places and things possess such a genuine steadfastness that many in society may never shake the hand of. I feel that its character is attained over endurance of time of the good, bad, and not so chic. And I hope that as I age, my character takes on the beauty of these seasoned people, places, and things... Oozing gracefully (ironic as that may sound).

So I said all of that to say... One of my beloved friends, Claudette, planned a New Braunfels/ Gruene day trip of adventure and here are some of the pictures. Enjoy!



Waiting for you...











This is definitely NOT my hat but check out my yellow vintage trio flowered screw-back earrings. I just adore them!




This is the BEST tea I have had in my life... Cranberry Apple


Oh and in case you were wondering about my most recent obsessions, they are cherries, trying new flavors of tea, and all things about and in support of natural hair (I'll be sure to discuss this with you later :)

1 Share Your Thoughts:

Leslie Jackson said...

Natural hair!! I'm a fan... though in the summer its a pain to keep it looking neat.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...